Being seen on Google is paramount for any business in the modern era. Learning how to get your website to climb the rankings is an art more than a science. Here are the Google click-through rates for all the major industries.
Websites that rank in the top 3 positions tend to get more than 50% of all clicks. Paid ads on Google has seen a decline in clicks due to more users using ad blocking software (from 142 million in 2018 to 615 million in 2019)
Here are some more SEO stats for the end of 2019
- Google accounted for just over 75% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 9.97%, Baidu at 9.34%, and Yahoo at 2.77%.
- Google has received nearly 2.3 trillion searches this year.
- Of the billions of searches that happen on a given day, 15% of daily searches are new to Google.
- On the first page alone, the first five organic results account for 67.60% of all the clicks.
- Google’s search algorithm uses more than 200 factors to rank websites.
- High-quality content and link building are the two most important signals used by Google to rank your website for search.
- 57% of marketing executives say on-page content development was the most effective SEO tactic.
- The average content length of the top position Google article contains 2,416 words.
- The average word count of a voice search result page is 2,312 words.
- 91% of all pages never get any organic traffic from Google, mostly due to the fact they don’t have backlinks.
- 55.24% of pages don’t have any backlinks.
- 52% of all worldwide online traffic comes from mobile, 45% from desktop.
- Long-tail keyword searches have a click-through rate 3% to 5% higher than generic searches.
- 70% of marketers see SEO as more effective than PPC.
- More than 1.3 million businesses, website publishers, and nonprofits nationwide benefited from using Google’s advertising solutions.
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- Updating and republishing old blog posts with new content and images can increase organic traffic by as much as 106%.
- Images are returned for 22.6% of search queries on Google.
- 40.7% of all voice search answers came from a featured snippet.
- “Best” + “right now” mobile queries have grown by over 125% in the last two years.
- “Where to buy” + “near me” mobile queries have grown by over 200% in the past two years.