If you are struggling for ideas, you’re not alone. It happens to the best of us.
It’s awesome to work in a creative industry, but it can be tricky to stay enthusiastic and inspired all the time. Here are a few quick-fire methods to get your creative juices flowing.
- Brainstorming – read the brief/task, then write whatever comes to mind, no matter how crazy and irrelevant.
- Carry your book or have your phone accessible – ideas often come to you at odd times so it’s important that you jot them down or type them out immediately.
- Change of scenery – move outside, talk a walk, chat to a friend. Changing your environment or taking a break can help you to refresh those brain cells.
- Embrace the unexpected – the greatest ideas do not require planning, searching or strategizing – you simply have to train yourself not to swerve out of the way when they jump out in front of you.
- Be rebellious – approach briefs or projects with the opposite of what you think people would typically do – avoid the clichés.
- Get a fresh perspective – view things from different angles – literally. Upside-down lettering or unusual shapes can spark new ideas.