Want to avoid seeing someone you know on Tinder? Maybe an ex or a relative? The rollout of Tinder’s new feature ‘Block Contacts’ allows you to do just that.
Tinder users have long wanted the ability to be able to use the dating app with the security of knowing that they’ll never run into someone they don’t want to. Tinder has listened and delivered with a new feature that will allow users to block phone contacts.
Tinder has recently rolled out a feature where users can block all their contacts, preventing people you know you from finding you on the app.
“Want to try to avoid seeing someone on Tinder? With Block Contacts, you can do just that,” Tinder announced through its online help hub. “Share your device’s contact list with Tinder, select a contact you want to block, and we’ll do our best to prevent you from seeing each other.”
How To Block Contacts on Tinder
Blocking your contacts on Tinder is a relatively straightforward process. Tinder gives users an option to either share their contact list with Tinder or add contacts manually.
To share contacts with Tinder to block someone:
- Open Tinder and tap the profile icon
- Go to “Settings”
- Scroll down and select “Block Contacts”
- Grant Tinder permission to access your contacts
- Under the “Contacts” tab, select people you want to avoid from your contact list
- Tap “Block Contacts”
To manually add a contact:
- Follow steps 1-3 listed above
- Tap the + icon at the top of the screen
- Input the person’s contact info and tap “Done”
If for whatever reason, users wish to stop sharing their device’s contact list with Tinder, they can easily do so by following 3 simple steps:
- Follow steps 1-3 above
- Tap the menu icon in the top right-hand corner
- Select “Disconnect Contact List”