In a recent report Stackla surveyed 1,590 consumers and 150 B2C marketers from the U.S., UK and Australia. The research gained insights and understanding around the types of content consumers are creating and referencing, and how they are influenced by various buying experiences.
Some of the reports key finding are:
- Consumers find user generated content (UGC) 9.8 times more impactful than content produced by an influencer when making their purchasing decision
- 90% of consumers that were surveyed say that authenticity is important when deciding which brands they will both like and support. This up by 4% from 2017
- 67% of consumers (including 73% of Generation Z and 70% of Millennials surveyed) say it’s important for brands they engage with to provide them with a personalised experience
- Travel – 89% of people said they would post about a positive travel experience during or after their travels
- Dining – 85% of people mentioned that they would post about a positive restaurant experience after dining out
- Beauty Products – 65% of people surveyed would post about a positive health or beauty product they have purchased or used
- Automotive – 62% of people would post about a new car they have just purchased on social platforms
Its seems like there is even more power to the people now.